Christmas tree recycling is a great gift to the environment after the holiday season ends.
“Treecycling” not only keeps cut trees out of the landfill, but it helps support other ecosystems. Best of all, it’s FREE and easy! There are several locations in Clermont County for you to dispose of your cut Christmas tree and have it chipped:
• Village of Batavia: Village residents can place your tree (cleared of all decorations) at the curb for pick-up throughout the month of January for chipping.
• City of Loveland: City residents can place trees (cleared of all decorations) at the curb for pick-up from January 4th through January 14th for chipping.
• Miami Township: Residents can bring Christmas trees (cleared of all decorations) to either Paxton Ramsey Park or Miami Meadows for chipping. Trees can be dropped off seven days a week during daylight hours from December 26 through January 31 for chipping.
• Pierce Township: Pierce Township residents can bring trees (cleared of all decorations) to the Pierce Township Service Garage at 950 Locust Corner Road December 26 through January 8 for chipping. The drop-off area is located near the baseball fields and will be clearly marked.
• Pattison Park (Stonelick Twp/Owensville area): trees (cleared of all decorations) can be dropped off at the lake side part of at Pattison Park, near the playground, from December 26 through January 12 for chipping. The drop-off area will be clearly marked.
• Union Township: Union Township residents can drop off trees (cleared of all decorations) behind the Police Department at 4312 Glen Este-Withamsville Road for chipping from January 1 through January 31. The drop-off area will be clearly marked.
• All other residents: BZAK landscaping, located at 931 Round Bottom Road, will allow any Clermont County resident to dispose of trees (cleared of all decorations) for chipping during regular business hours. Please call (513) 831-0907 for information.
Please note, this Treecycling program is only for live cut trees. Artificial trees cannot be recycled and must be disposed of as household trash. Before you take your cut tree to a collection site or haul it to the curb for pick-up, please be sure to remove all lights, tinsel, and decorations. Your old or broken strings of holiday lights can also be recycled at several locations around Clermont County: visit www.oeq.net/holidaylights for a completelist of holiday light drop-off locations.
For more information regarding Christmas tree recycling, holiday light recycling, or any other service provided by the Solid Waste District, call (513) 732-7744 or email dsnyder@ClermontCountyOhio.gov